Apex Legends Mobile Loba added to the game with the latest Cold Snap update, and launched a themed event to celebrate its arrival. The new Soirée event in Loba rewards players for unlocking Frosted Supply Bins and collecting diamonds in Winter Warfare, the new ice game for the popular battle royale mobile game.
While the rewards are chosen at random, they can all be obtained for free by completing challenges and using diamonds to redeem raffle tickets. Raffle tickets can then be used to withdraw a random reward from the prize pool, which consists of eight rewards in total. Rewards include a mobile-exclusive Loba skin and a Loba-inspired avatar for your in-game profile.
When the game launches, you’ll be met with a splash screen announcing the event, but you can also go to the event page via an ad banner on the right side of the main lobby screen. Once there, you can take a closer look at the trophies and challenges required to obtain them. Below the prize pool, you will see a small “+” icon. Select it to open a window listing all of the event’s challenges. Once you’re ready, choose one of the challenges and select “Go!” To be transferred directly to the match, or uploaded to one of the main lobby screen.
There are five challenges in this event, and each rewards players with GPS coins that can then be exchanged for Draw Tickets. The first three challenges are updated every day, while the last two are cumulative. The challenges facing Loba’s Soirée are as follows:
- Play 1 Battle Royale match (updated daily): 1 GPS Piece
- Open 3 frozen supply chests (updated daily): 2 GPS pieces
- Get 200 Diamonds (updated daily): 2 GPS pieces
- Loot 1000 diamonds: 3 GPS pieces
- Open 20 Crystal Supply Boxes: 3 GPS Pieces
Once you’ve completed a challenge or two (it’s very easy to complete multiple challenges in one match), go back to the challenge screen and select “Redeem” to exchange your GPS pieces for Draw Tickets.
Below the prize pool on the event page there is a button that says “Open” with a number next to it. This number is the number of raffle tickets required to withdraw a random bonus from the prize pool. While the first draw will only cost you one ticket, the price goes up with each round. Here are the prices for each drawing round.
- First round: 1 ticket draw
- Rounds Two and Three: 2 Draw tickets
- Fourth and Fifth Rounds: 3 Draw Cards
- Sixth and Seventh Rounds: 4 Draw Cards
- Final Round: 5 raffle tickets.
You will need a total of 23 raffle tickets to get the 8 prizes.
The following rewards are included in the event prize pool:
- 30 flux
- 2000 XP
- 2000 diamonds
- 60 flux
- 3000 XP
- 3000 diamonds
- Snow Queen’s Avatar
- Common Skyrise Mozambique Skin Layer
- Rare-tier Game Master Loba skin, called “Awesome Reward” on the prize pool screen
- Once the prize is earned, it is removed from the loot pool, so you will never receive a duplicate prize.
- Draw and GPS Pieces tickets have an exchange rate of 1:1 – If you collect five GPS Pieces, you will get five Draw Tickets when redeemed.
- Frozen Supply Chests and the diamonds inside are only available in Winter Warfare battle royale mode, so make sure you choose the correct game mode before you drop.
- Diamonds are not only available in Frosted Supply Bins – you can also find them in the death chests of slain enemies.
- When you hear the Apex Game Broadcaster announce that Climatizer has been activated, look at your map. Sorted Supply Chests and Diamonds will be highlighted in blue.
- Diamond Provisioning Chests can still be opened outside of Climatizer’s range, so don’t worry too much if you’re not in Climatizer range when it’s activated, just make sure to keep an eye on Diamond Provisional Chests once they’re turned on. .
- Playing as Loba is perfect, as she can steal diamonds from death boxes via the Black Market, and teleport to Frosted Supply Crates using her Jump Drive ability.
The Loba’s Soirée Festival runs until June 29th, so players have plenty of time to collect diamonds and get free loot.
Apex Legends Mobile is available for download on iOS and Android.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.